Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Boots

For some reason snow boots are only on sale in Utah until the end of October. During January and February when we were hit with snow 5 out of 7 days a week every store had swimsuits but NO snow boots. Anyways, my brother Steve was taking his boys sledding so he invited Tayson and Luke to go along with them. Of course my boys had no snow boots since I didn't prepare last fall for the heavy winter we had. Todd and I were both at work so my parents ran them to Wal-Mart to get them boots. No snow boots...but there were some sweet rubber galoshes. Luke's fit him great, but the next size up from Luke's were size 5 adult which my mom bought for Tayson so he would at least have something. This would have been fine if they were only used for sledding. However, they have turned into their favorite shoes and I had to force Tayson into different shoes every morning before school. His boots are hilarious and he can barely walk in them, but he wears them every chance he gets. He LOVES his boots. Yesterday they both wanted to go outside to play since it was sunny and not too cold (high 30's) so they put on their boots. We had them pose for a quick photo op when they came in from playing. Yep, Luke is wearing basketball shorts with his boots and Tayson's really do go up to his knees. The second Luke took his off Claire put them on and then stood in the same spot ready for her picture too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love kids in boots...only thing better is them splashing in puddles.

Claire is a doll...look at that pose.

6 P's in a Pod said...

Those boots belong in the cow poop on the farm in Idaho! (McKay seriously has some just like them and wears them too--)
Hey, those kids could make the cow poop itself look cute though*

C Schultz said...

I love those pictures, they are fantastic! I remember when Eric wanted to wear his snow boots, bought for a trip to Utah, all the time in Arizona. He looked so funny in shorts and a t-shirt, with snowboots of course. Oh well, kids are funny!