It's that time again.....here are a few things that made me smile this week.
Driving with the windows down. I love this time of the year when I can unroll my windows and enjoy the warm spring weather.
Daffodils. In my old house (my parent's current house) I planted over 100 bulbs and this week when we went over there a lot of the daffodils are up and bloomed. I love spring flowers and can't wait for the Tulips to come up too.
Easter Sunday. Celebrating the Resurrection of Christ is most definitely something to smile about. I love that my kids are aware of the true meaning of the holiday even though they don't grasp the full meaning yet I love hearing them talk about Christ and the tomb and that after 3 days he came back to life so that we can too. So sweet.
Easter Eggs. My kids each got their own dozen eggs to dye. We had a blast dying eggs and then hiding them and finding them and now they like eating them.
Soccer. Tayson started soccer this past week and in his second game he scored the only goal! Go Tayson. I even went and got him some cleats for his next game. I love how happy he is running around on the field and how proud he was of himself for scoring a goal.
Lunch with my sisters. I went to lunch with Heidi and Jeannie this week and it was fun to eat and chat. If only Sherry was here too!
Text Messages from Todd. I love how easy it is to send a quick "Hi" or "I love you" and it was even better when I would get a random picture sent to me just to tell me what Todd was up to.
Dinner and Shopping with Todd. Thanks to our awesome live-in babysitter Timmy we get to go on a date just about every weekend. This weekend Todd and I went to dinner then just over to the mall to shop and get him a few things for his trip. It is one of my favorite dates because we just talk and have fun together.
A Clean House. The cleaners came this week and I LOVE coming home to a clean house. It is one of the best things I've done for myself this year. I know I am spoiled by not having to scrub the bathrooms and floors, and I am so grateful for it. I really love the extra time it gives me to spend with the kids too - instead of spending every Saturday cleaning my house I try hard to use that extra time for family time.
George Visiting. George and his kids came here for spring break and it is so fun to have them here. We don't get to see them nearly enough and they are so much fun. Carly and Claire are so dang cute together.
1 comment:
Something I enjoy too, but haven't for a long time: lunch with sisters.
Something I don't think I would enjoy nor will I ever get: cleaners...Seriously, i am so obsessive, I would have to clean before they could even come over.
Post a Comment